What Is The 'YouTube Resources' Course?
The 'YouTube Resources' course contains the transcriptions, backing tracks and written guidance that accompany Matthew Smith's SAXOPHONE Studies YouTube lessons.
If you enjoy the lessons and want to get the most from your practise time, then this course is a great fit!
"I have absolutely loved your lessons. They have not only given me so much pleasure musically, they have also made me feel happy"
- Eileen Stirling
Want To Know More? Here's some more information about what's currently included...
Sound Instantly Bluesy On The Saxophone: in this section you will have access to...
- The original lesson from youtube
- A written version of the lesson
- A follow up video explaining the theory of it all
- A PDF download with some scales to practise following on from the lesson
Feedback: Here's a video of one of the SAXOPHONE Studies followers working through the method:
Dominant 7th Licks: in this section you will have access to...
- the original lessons from youtube
- the sheet music for each lick written out in all 12 keys as a downloadable PDF file
- an extended version of each backing track used in the lessons
Jazz & Pop Etudes (Solo Studies): in this section you will have access to...
- Original etudes written over classic jazz & pop tunes as seen on YouTube
- Plus the sheet music transcriptions
- Music in both Bb & Eb - this covers soprano, alto, tenor & baritone
- Backing tracks for each solo - including a slowed down version
Example Solos: in this section you will have access to...
- Original videos from YouTube
- Backing tracks for each solo
- Written guidance on how the solos were approached
Odds & Ends: in this section you will have access to...
- 'Jazzy' Happy Birthday: original video from YouTube; sheet music for the whole piece; backing track
- Amazing Grace: original video from YouTube; backing track; sheet music for basic version of the tune; chord symbols used in the backing track.
"Matthew's easy way of breaking things down into the basics really helped me to understand. I now use many of his explanations in my own teaching and would happily recommend his tutorials to pupils of any standard."
- Beccy Bernamont, Director of the Warwickshire Youth Jazz Orchestra